TOTAL TIME 20 mins
YIELD 4 servings (serving size: 1 kebab and 1 tablespoon sauce)
With spring in full swing and warmer evenings slowly arriving, I’m already craving summery dinners. In our house, it’s the perfect time for kebabs! This great recipe from Jackie Mills, is healthy and straightforward.
Also, why not get the kids to join you? This is an easy enough recipe that does not require heavy supervision. I mean let’s face it! There’s nothing kids love more than the chance to stick food onto sticks. It’s a great opportunity to spend time with your family and have fun!
To learn more about this recipe or discover more, click here .
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 (1-inch) pieces yellow bell pepper
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon commercial pesto
How to Make It
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine rind, 1 tablespoon juice, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper. Toss with bell pepper, tomatoes, chicken, and onion. Thread vegetables and chicken onto 4 (12-inch) skewers. Place skewers on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 12 minutes or until chicken is done, turning occasionally.
- Combine 1 teaspoon juice, yogurt, sour cream, and pesto. Serve sauce with kebabs.